Are you already building, or are you seriously thinking about starting, a transformation business as any of the following?
A yoga teacher, breathworker, ecstatic dance facilitator, astrologer, reader, or coach?
An artist, craftsman, designer, author, poet, musician, or teacher of your unique craft?
A practitioner of one of the many transformative modalities blossoming in the world today?
Are you working hard to create, develop and deliver sessions, classes, workshops, training, retreats, and related products and services that transform people's lives?
Is your Transformerpreneur Life Business ‘kind of working’ but you just know it could do so much better for both you and your clients? Do you feel like you could begin making significant positive changes to your life and business if you only knew exactly where to start?
Do you become overwhelmed, confused, frustrated or lost when trying to start, fix or develop your business so that it works consistently and predictably for you, rather than against you, most of the time? Do you sometimes brush your business issues under the carpet, telling yourself to worry about it later?
Is this you when dealing with business numbers, maths, models, money, and finance?
Do any of these ‘symptoms’ or ‘effects’ sound familiar?
• You rely on your bank balance as an indicator of your personal and business financial health.
• You’re not sure how much you should be working ‘in’ your business vs ‘on’ your business.
• You don’t really know how much you earned last year, or what you’ll earn this year.
• Your pricing is based on how much you can get or what your competitors are charging.
• You’re unsure how many of your services to sell to survive, thrive, and meet your goals.
• Your go-to reason for why business could be better is that you need more clients.
• You don’t know which of your services makes and which loses you money in the long run.
• You think you and your business are making a profit but not really sure how much.
• You’re starting to realise you need to know what you don’t know about your business.
• You’re not clear what your breakeven point is or what to do to ensure you’re always above it.
• You have no reliable way of knowing if something in your business is helping or hindering you.
• Your idea of working to a budget is doing less of what you want and more of what you don’t.
• Your record-keeping starts and stops with tracking hits, likes, views, or shares.
• You take a weekend or more to pull together basic information about your financial position.
• You struggle with cash flow, leaving it to hope, chance, a wing, and a prayer, to survive.
• You get by earning just enough to live an ‘edited minimum version’ of your dream lifestyle.
• Your business decisions tend to be short-term, spur-of-the-moment, and gut instinct.
• You rarely consider where you want to be financially, in one, three, five, or ten years time.
• You don’t have specific financial goals for your life or your business.
• Or, if you do you don’t know how to get where you want to go from where you are now.
If one, any, or all of the above reflects your reality, there is a more intentional, empowering, and financially rewarding way to start, build, expand and run your transformation business.
Fuelling your vision.
A vision, mission, purpose, values, and a powerful why are essential business prerequisites.
These keystones give meaning to your business, its products and services, by colouring how they interface with and relate to your clients. They help you describe what your business should look like, how it might feel, who it will support, and the problems it solves.
Thankfully, they also serve as a strong foundation platform, grounding and anchoring you to what matters most, during times of inevitable change, upheaval and transition. They remind you of your overarching loving intention and enduring creative direction whenever and however you’re thrown off course.
This platform is needed as you refine each and every aspect of how you create and deliver value to the clients that you have and will come to know and love. It is these clients, your family, your tribe, that you are co-creating your business with around its shared meaning.
However, this platform alone, despite your best intentions, will not build and maintain a successful, thriving, and robust transformation business; A prosperous living, breathing, loving entity that serves, supports and sustains its owner, team, an expanding client community, and your charitable endeavours, consistently, predictably, profitably, and with longevity.
It’s the fire, but it’s not the fuel.
How to thrive in longevity.
The structure of your business is made up of you, your team, your clients, your products and services, and all those fortunate enough to benefit from the ripple effect emanating from this, your most important work.
In an ideal world these structural elements are synchronised, acting in unison, speaking the same language, while working together toward a common goal. As an holistic, healthy, living, and loving entity they’re strong and powerful, able to overcome any obstacle that stands in the way of your mission to help others.
Working together, the keystones, the foundation, and the structure, reflect how the ‘building’ of your business and its component parts looks, feels, and behaves.
But, there’s something missing from this picture, without which a building could never come into being. This critical component is often overlooked or forgotten once a building is complete and open for business.
When you’re developing a building you need scaffolding to help erect it as it’s being constructed and to extend, maintain, and repair it on and off throughout its lifetime. Its purpose is to provide safety, protection, stability, access, and critical information about it’s physical and operational condition so that essential changes, updates, and upgrades can be made as efficiently, effectively, and quickly as possible.
It’s literally the framework required to construct and maintain a piece of architecture so that it fulfils its function and serves its purpose for as long as it’s designed to do so.
Weathering the storm.
In your business, the scaffolding is your systems, data, records, and reports. It’s shorthand for the invisibles, or the intangibles. These invisibles are your business numbers, and they are essential if you want to understand, secure, refine, enhance, grow, and expand your business, and safeguard your livelihood.
More specifically, your business scaffolding alerts you to what’s working and what isn’t with timely up-to-date financial information that’s imperative to the management and operation of a profitable business; A successful business, regardless of its size, that not only meets your needs but helps you achieve your goals, while it, and you, adapt to expected and unexpected changes as and when they arise.
Despite our efforts to deny, avoid or control it, a business is always expanding and contracting with varying degrees of intensity. Its success and longevity depends on whether it’s flexible enough to react, respond, and adapt to the competitive nature of the market and the cycles of the perpetual economic storm.
However, unlike a building, to weather the storm, a transformation business needs scaffolding in place constantly so that vital and relevant information is readily available when and where it’s needed most. With your business scaffolding erected you are much more able to navigate what can quickly become business life or death financial decisions with confidence.
This is essential when building your business.
When up, running, growing, and serving clients, it’s critical.
No more flying blind.
Numbers let you see the invisible aspects of your business and show you what needs fixing inside and outside it, and by when. They direct you where to look to strengthen or replace part of your business structure and how to make regular adjustments and improvements.
Numbers, when you know and understand them, shed light on your business reality, no matter how simple or straightforward it may seem, giving you the power to amplify what’s working and let go of what isn’t.
• They give you clarity, certainty, and confidence.
• They bring order to unwanted chaos and show you the truth about your business.
• They help you organise your business so that it saves you time, money, and energy.
• They release you from exhausting ‘dog chasing its tail’ mental and emotional loops.
• They let you be more proactive and less reactive.
• They open the door to new opportunities and collaborations.
• They quantify the necessary actions required to prioritise and achieve your goals.
• They allow you to set realistic goals and track your progress over time.
• They provide the information to help you reach difficult and complex decisions.
• They have the power to forecast and predict problems before they happen.
• They set you free from making false assumptions and always having to use guesswork.
• They lead you toward a healthier, truthful relationship with your work, craft, and business.
• They empower more creativity so you can expand your business and life with confidence.
• They provide a map of how to arrive where you want to go, when you want to get there.
• They act as signposts on your Transformerpreneur Business Life Journey.
Without them you’re left in the dark, flying blind, feeling lost, battling through the storm.
Heal your clients and your business.
There is truth in the Buddhist saying that we must help ourselves before helping others. This timeless and time-honoured modus operandi extends to your business
If you don’t do the work to look after your transformation business as well as you do your clients, you’ll all suffer unnecessarily. You won’t be able to serve yourself or those in need of your service effectively, no matter how well you create and deliver your value.
Things can and will go wrong.
You’re a master of life-changing transformation. You guide clients in person, or indirectly with your art and craft, to look inwards. Through your work, an insight, sufficient to facilitate a change of perspective, reveals their truth in the moment and prompts a desirable change in attitude, outlook, and behaviour.
Clients are encouraged to look to the past, present, and future to determine patterns of thought and feeling that are limiting their enjoyment of life or sabotaging their impact in the world, now, today. You can use the same process to transform and heal your business as well as prevent future ills, or dis-ease.
Your business numbers reveal countless untold insights if you know where to look.
Enjoy freedom, flexibility, and flow to create peace, ease and grace in your life business.
Do you want you and your business to be more successful?
Do you want to own your business numbers so you can be more strategic about your finances?
Do you want your business financial outlook to be more informed and longer term?
Do you want to feel more in control of your time, money, creativity, and purpose?
Do you want to live life more freely, on your terms?
Transform your business to work fully for you and your clients, rather than the other way around; learn how to read, understand, know, love, and take responsibility for your numbers.